Mr. Isidro Espinosa
About The Lecturer II
- Research on Environmental Engineering: Air Pollution (prevention, remediation and control), Integrated Solid Waste Management (separation- collection techniques and recycling) and Water Pollution (prevention, remediation and control).
- Development of technology: pollution prevention, mitigation and control in industrial processes, energy efficiency and alternative energy.
- Sustainable development.
- Technology and Engineering Development.
- Development of Business Opportunities through innovative and creative ideas as startup, ventures and creation of new companies.
A Comparative Energy Efficient Study between R22 And R290 In a smalll Capacity Air-Conditioning System 2016-2017.
Seminars, Events and Papers Presentations:
- Paper presentation: Innovative wet scrubber for collecting particles and contaminated gases (Paper#: 12922). A&WMA's 107th Annual Conference & Exhibition June 24-27th, 2014 Long Beach Convention Center • Long Beach, California, USA.
- Paper presentation: Utilization of Rice Husk (Agricultural Waste) and Used Expanded Polystyrene (Inorganic Waste) in the Production of Particleboards (Paper#: 12922). Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA) 106st Annual Conference and Exhibition, June 25-28, 2013, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Guyana’s Consumption of Ozone Depletion Substances (Paper # 13151). Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA) 106st Annual Conference and Exhibition, June 25-28, 2013, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Exhibition: “STYROHUSK”® a particleboard product. Product 100% waste: 50% Rice husk (Agro waste) and 50% Styrofoam (polystyrene) recycled (municipal waste). International Building Expo. Guyana National Stadium. July 6-8, 2012.
- Presentation: “RICE HUSK WASTE CONVERTING INTO A BUILDING MATERIAL (PARTICLEBORAD)”. Research Day in Arts and Sciences. University of Guyana, May 3-4, 2012.
- Presentation: “ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING NEEDS”. ICTP (The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics. Miramare-Trieste, Italy. November 28- December 16, 2011.
- Presentation: “DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM DESIGN FOR RICE MILLERS”. Research Day in Arts and Sciences. University of Guyana, June 30, 2011.
- Presentation: “CONSTRUCTED WETLAND DESIGN FOR BEHARRY COMPANY LIMITED”. Research Day in Arts and Sciences. University of Guyana, June 30, 2011.
- Presentation: “GUYANA’S COMSUMPTION OF ODS. Workshop on Ozone Depletion (International Ozone Day), University of Guyana, September 17, 2010.
- Presentation: “SURVEY OF HCFCs IN GUYANA”. Policy Dialogue on HPMP. Georgetown Guyana, June 2nd, 2010.
- Presentation: “PREPARATION OF HCFCs PHASE-OUT MANAGEMENT PLAN (HPMP) FOR GUYANA”. English Speaking Caribbean Ozone Officer Meeting. Belize City - Belize, March 2-5, 2010.
- Main Meeting of The Ozonaction Networks for Latin America and The Caribbean. Paramaribo-Suriname, October 6-9 of 2009
- Participation in round table discussion on “PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES”. 6th Week of Chemical Engineering. I.T.T, February 2009.
- Air and Waste Management Association 101st Annual Conference and Exhibition, June 24- 27, 2008, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Mexico-Germany Symposium: Clean Energy for the Future: Towards a Cleaner Planet. Museo Tecnologico de CFE (Comisión Federal de Electricidad) [Technological Museum of the Federal Commission of Electricity], Mexico D.F., October 2-3, 2006.
Experience in development of environmental technology, with a patent in process related to air pollution control. Wastewater treatment, water purification, recycling of solid waste. Experience working as a consultant for UNEP (United Nations Environment Program). Consultant for the rice industry on dust pollution control. First international place in environmental engineering and science 2007 in Durban Sudafrica. Courses on water purification, wastewater, intellectual property (World Intellectual Property Organization-WIPO), building scientific communities with a business approach. Member of the Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA) and Member of the Caribbean Academy as Sciences CAS.
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- University of Guyana, Turkeyen Campus